Homemade Tomato Soup
- 5 pounds Roma tomatoes, cored and sliced
- 3 ribs celery, sliced
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 1 bunch green onions, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 quarts water
- Wash, core and slice all the tomatoes.
- Saute the celery and onions in a medium sized saute pan with olive oil until onions are translucent.
- In a large soup pot, add the tomatoes, sauteed veggies, and herbs.
- Add the water. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook on low heat, covered for 1 hour. During the last 10 minutes of cooking, add the milk.
Part of beating depression is not feeling so alone. When you make a pot of soup, share it with someone else. There's nothing like sharing a bowl of soup with a neighbor or friend. Bon appetit!