Journaling for Depression

New Life OutlookNew Life Outlook New Life Outlook
edited April 2015 in Coping

Depression article: Journaling for DepressionJournaling for Depression

By understanding the benefits of journaling, you can finally achieve the journaling success you have heard so much about.

Read the full story here

Comments

• I am thankful for all the advice and will definitely give journaling a try...again...
  • I cannot say enough about the benefits journaling has had in my life - it has saved mine for years & still does! it has helped me express myself, helped counselor's to not only get to know me and also to challenge me. I don't write everyday-sometimes I wish I could write all day long--I do write in a notebook, I have journaled in a Word Document on my computer and when my notebook isn't available I type email messages -- no I don't send it anywhere- I just save it as a draft. Ideas shared in this article are all great ideas -- I would like to offer an additional idea, one that has proven extremely valuable to me. Letter writing. I have written countless letters to any number of people typically people I trust or people that I want to tell something to but for various reasons- can't/won't. Give it a try... would love to hear other thoughts!
  • @TammPharm1980 I am as you can see by my post a big believer in benefits of journaling. I saw your comment and just wanted to say hi and say Good for you for trying it! Praying it will be a blessing and help to you as it is for me.
  • HeidiHeidi Member
    I never was a good journalist, but my husband and I have been struggling in our marriage. One night I couldn’t sleep, to many thoughts. So I decided to write him a letter and came up with the plan to journal, but share it with each other. It’s been a fantastic process so far, it’s opened up conversations like we used to have. We try to be positive, and not thrash each other. But it’s working!!!!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our Newsletter

New Life Outlook on FacebookSubscribe with Facebook

OR