Reaching out

I'm in a dark place right now. Feeling hopeless. Life very empty. I know coping methods but can't seem to follow them. My only peace is when I sleep. Why did we have to get this dreaded disease.

Comments

• AlyssaWinegardenAlyssaWinegarden New Life Outlook
    @bonnie Hi Bonnie,

We're so happy that you reached out to us - reaching out and asking for help is the first step. I know it isn't easy to admit that you need help, thank you for being so brave! We work to provide advice, resources, and a supportive community for day-to-day life with depression, but we aren't doctors and therefore aren't able to diagnose or treat our community members. Where are you from? Have you tried talking to a therapist or even a helpline? Are you taking medication? I can help you find some helplines for your area if you'd like. It sounds like you've been through a lot, but it's important to know that you are not alone, and there is hope.

-Alyssa
  • Natasha.DevineNatasha.Devine New Life Outlook, Contributor
    @bonnie I’m so sorry to hear that you’re suffering. Thank you for reaching out!

Depression is awful but it’s important to know that you aren’t alone. Which coping methods have you tried? Do you have an active support team like family or friends that you can lean on? This is a great community full of support as well as lots of resources and tips.

Maybe try a different coping method or speak to your doctor about treatment options that are available to you. I hope you find something that helps you through. Try to be patient and gentle with yourself and remember that you aren’t alone.

All the best,
    Natasha

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Subscribe to our Newsletter

New Life Outlook on FacebookSubscribe with Facebook

OR